1st Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my first service done this weekend.

2011 LR4 HSE with 11000 miles. A little early as for mileage but I wanted to get the free service before the 1 year ownership elapsed next month.

From the inspection: No brake issues or anything else that needed addressing.

Recommended an alignment for $199.00 They advised that this was not needed but might save on tire wear. I elected to have it done.

Additional complaints: passenger seat creaks (when someone's in it). They advised that they really don't know what to do about this and will have the NA Service rep come down and take a look. They'll call me with an appointment.

Thanks,

Marty

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't get the 7500 miles service done? I have mix feelings about the "preventive" alignment service. If there's no uneven tire wear, no out of the normal driving, no new tires and no handling issues. I f I was installing new tires, no doubt, what's $200 when you spend $1300 on tires. But more power to you for doing it. At the end of the day, that $200 may get you another year of tire life. With that said, mine was done at 10000 miles because it was pulling to the left and had a small vibration. Don'yt know if I would have done it otherwise.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't get the 7500 miles service done? I have mix feelings about the "preventive" alignment service. If there's no uneven tire wear, no out of the normal driving, no new tires and no handling issues. I f I was installing new tires, no doubt, what's $200 when you spend $1300 on tires. But more power to you for doing it. At the end of the day, that $200 may get you another year of tire life. With that said, mine was done at 10000 miles because it was pulling to the left and had a small vibration. Don'yt know if I would have done it otherwise.

I didn't know there was a 7500 mileage service required. I thought it was 15000.

I also am not sure if the alignment will do anything but at least its documented for when I sell the vehicle.

Thanks,

Marty

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no 7500 mile service. The service interevals are every 15000 miles. The first service needs to be done within a year of ownership if you want LRNA to cover it regadless of mileage.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine @ 5k miles and 8 months...but the dealer did not reset the service sensor and a month or two later the bloody "service required" message is coming up every time I start the truck

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no 7500 mile service. The service interevals are every 15000 miles. The first service needs to be done within a year of ownership if you want LRNA to cover it regadless of mileage.

I stand corrected. Just checked my files, mine was done at 6300 miles since that was the mileage at just before one year.

dipan

Reaction score
Just got quoted $750 for the first service! Absolutely ridiculous! Thankfully I have an independent LR service center nearby ... I see no reason at all to go back to the dealer ...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got quoted $750 for the first service! Absolutely ridiculous! Thankfully I have an independent LR service center nearby ... I see no reason at all to go back to the dealer ...
Your first service should be free if it's within one year of ownership.

dipan

Reaction score
Your first service should be free if it's within one year of ownership.

Yes, within 1 year, but the dealer said that since we have more than 16000 miles on the odometer, they would not do it for free. I already had an oil change done at 8000 miles (at an independent LR service center) because I did not feel comfortable with 15000 mile intervals ... call me old-fashioned.

$750 was for tire balance (they do not need balancing), tire rotation (already done), oil change, and for fluid/brake checks amongst other "checks" ...

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99