2" Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Arnival

I want to put a 2" lift on my 96 disco. I would only be using it offroad maybe once a month. What kind of springs and shocks should I use. Ride comfort and price are very important. What size tire I use with this lift? Thanks for the help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hugh opinion question and everyone has one of those...

I have OME HD front and rear, but I also have a very heavy front bumper... running bilstein shocks...

I have heard real good things about RTE springs as well as blue.... somethings mind went blank.

It is one of those things that is like asking what type of tire you like.... you will get 20 different answers and still not learn much

I run 31-10.50-15's, but I have also cut my fenders and only go off roading 3 or 4 times a year so far... but I plan to go more.

A

Arnival

How is your ride now compared to stock. Do you have any pics I can see?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Pics are in the gallery.... ride compared to stock... feels taller, but still rides good. The bilsteins give a slightly harsher return on the bounce back, but I do a lot of highway miles and wanted the improved handling.... but still works well off road.

O

Outdoorsman

Coil Spacers and OME HD Springs

I have a 2001 Disco SE and I got the ARB Bull Guard Front Bumper, and mine was looking kind of low in the front. So I got the Coil Spacers for Roverparts.com and the were only 1 inch. It helped with clearance in the back but not very much help for tires since it is only an inch. I just ordered and recieved the OME HD Front and Rear springs as well. They are here and I waiting for a weekend to put them on.

I wouldnt recommend the Coil Spacers with the stock springs and shocks because they compress the springs more. By having them compressed when you hit something like a speed bump or something like that when off roading where the springs begin to uncoil then they uncoil much harder than they would without the spacers and you can feel it and hear it.

Let me know how it turns out and I will post pics of before and after once the springs are on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635