Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rented a pretty sizable rototiller today to establish a garden plot in the cow pasture on the property out back. The rental guy looked at the LR4 and said, "Yeah, that should fit." So I put it in access mode to make it easier for him to ramp up the tiller in the back. Once he got it up past the tailgate, he said, "I'll leave it to you to push it the rest of the way in. I don't want to be responsible for tearing up your nice interior." I had the middle row seats folded down and lowered. The tiller rolled right in without a problem. The handlebars cleared with plenty of room to spare. Closed the tailgate up and turned to the rented aluminum loading ramp. It was too long to fit inside. I climbed up on my rear access ladder, had the yard guy lift it up to me, and placed it on my Baja roof rack. Secured it with some straps and "Bob's your uncle."

Once again, the LR4 showed how versatile it can be. The yard guy at the rental lot didn't know exactly what to think of it. An oddball, foreign, luxury SUV with an access ladder and roof rack. Plus, a suspension that lowers and raises. Not exactly your standard quad cab truck. The LR4 was more than up to the task, probably more than most other SUVs.

Update: Pics of the final results. This was breaking new ground with the Honda tiller.

Attachments

• Ground Breaking 3.jpg
    Ground Breaking 3.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Ground Breaking 1.jpg
    Ground Breaking 1.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Ground Breaking 2.jpg
    Ground Breaking 2.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each experience like this will make you appreciate it that much more, possibly enough so that you put up with the quirks and expensive maintenance...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM