2 questions

• Thread starter faisal_in_laurel
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

faisal_in_laurel

1. I am going to replace the Spark Plugs and associated wires (Due to age). What is recommended to be the best? Should I replace the Distributer cap and rotor as well??

2. My Brake vacuum line is broken that connects to the Inlet Manifold. I can still drive the truck but would like to replace it ASAP. I can't seem to find that part in Atlantic British by doing a search. Where can I find it other than the LR Dealer?

Thank you in advance.

D

discomike

What year is your truck and how many miles on it?
Yes, if you are going to do the plugs and wires, you should do the cap and rotor.
A couple of thoughts for you, make sure you get some spark plug lube, and think seriously about buying Bosch Platium Plus 4 plugs and a set of Magnacor 8mm. plug wires. You won't believe the difference. Here is a web site for the Magnacor's, which will be cheaper then the factory wires and carry alot more voltage.
www.offroadtuff.com/
Good luck and if you have any more questions, get back to us.
Mike J.

F

faisal_in_laurel

1995 with 177K miles on it now. The Wires were done at 100K miles and the plugs about 30K miles ago.

Thanks for the Magnacor link.

D

discomike

I have turned so many people on to these wires and the combination of plug and wire, and they have all agreed, what a dufference, more low end power and smoother running in general.
If you get them, let me know how it goes.
Mike J

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
discomike said:
I have turned so many people on to these wires and the combination of plug and wire,
Mike J

I noticed that Mike. I was starting to think you worked for them and get a percentage of wires sold. J/k

D

discomike

I had a couple of people tell me about them over a year ago and found that one of our club sponsers sold them, he treated me right so I just keep passing on the info.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
On the topic of a Dissy Cap. I have a buddy who needs just this part The part# for the top hat is RTC 7751...And he can't seem to find it. Any ideas? RN told him he needs to buy the whole rebuild kit for $71 versus the 3.00 for the hat? Any help would be great!

Last edited:
P

pete2528ca

I have to agree...I was given the advise to purchase the maganacors and the bosch plus fours and i noticed a difference almost immediately. Best money i have ever spent for any vehicle.

Pietro

D

discomike

Pietro, Glad it worked for you. Have you tried doing a little SeaFoam additive to help decarbon the engine, this is also a pretty big bang for the buck.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635