2 year service completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to report on my 2 year service with 24k miles on my 2011 LR4. Everything was good -- the only warnings I have are brakes (6mm left on the front brakes, 4 mm on the rear brakes), and tires (6/32" fronts, 5/32" rear). I paid $371 for the serivice.

Based on other reports on poor brake pad life on the LR4, I'd say I'm doing pretty good with mine. :)

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to try Akebono ceramic pads the next time, they stop better, last longer and don't make brake dust.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my two year service attended to. With 29K miles on the car there were no issue with brakes or tires yet. The price was a bit higher than what you incurred. Oil change , tire rotation, change pollen, air filters and replace all three wiper blades cost me just over $800.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my two year service attended to. With 29K miles on the car there were no issue with brakes or tires yet. The price was a bit higher than what you incurred. Oil change , tire rotation, change pollen, air filters and replace all three wiper blades cost me just over $800.
Wow that's expensive! I had all those things done too - minus the wiper blades. went to a dealership in Denver. Wonder if the cost is location dependent.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes under $400 for all of that, is much lower than what i have paid. NY charges close to $700. I bet it is location dependent.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco Mike, where can you buy the Akebono pads and how much? Can you request the service department at a dealership to order them, or do they need to be done at an independent shop?

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my 2010 in last week for the same two year....

Service. I don't think they changed any wiper blades (at least I don't recall them telling me they did), and the cost at my WI based dealer was quoted at $700 plus tax, but my dealer had sent me a "coupon" card worth up to $1000 off any service prices while I own the vehicle, which get deducted from the total service bill in 15% increments until the $1000 is used up. Example, $700 less 15% then became $595 plus tax. Now I have $895.00 left on the coupon card which they keep track of at the dealership. Sounded like a gimmick when I received it in the mail, and it's was only valid at the dealer I leased the truck from, for the duration that I own / drive said vehicle.

My vehicle currently has 31000 miles. I had new tires put on a 25,000 (roughly), and at that time, I put on new rear brakes. The fronts are still at 7mm, so I'm good for a few more months give or take.

Oh, I went with the new Perelli Scorpion Verdi All Season SUV tires. UNBELIEVABLE gains in traction in the rain, and more quite by far then the OEM Conti's. They have a tire tread rating of 600, and are supposed to last much longer then the Conti's. They got rave reviews, so I decided to try them. They are a "low rolling resistance" tire that is designed for rain and light snow. As far as I can tell, they seem to offer better handling even on dry pavement. I'm giving them a huge THUMBS up!

My lease is up for my LR4 in June of next year. I'm actually thinking about upgrading to a full sized RR (2011 or 2012) Certified Preowned. I've had so few issues with my LR4, that my confidence is as good as it's been with any vehicle I've owned over the last 15 year.

cheers,

Joe

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 is going into 2 years right now. I only have 13000 miles on it so my dealership just suggested to do an oil change and tire rotation for $180.00. The filters, tires and brake pads looked fine. But I did get new pads and rotors due to a warranty issue 4000 miles ago. I can't really complain about my service expences so far.
Joe, I am also in WI, I got to Fields Waukesha. Great experience and no complaints. Actually, I am in vehicle #5 from them since 2007.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greeting fellow cheesehead! (just kidding!). I got my LR4 from Fields as well (Madison Branch). Like you, have been very happy with their service and support. Just trying to decide if we want to pick up an RR Sport (2013) or a Certified Used (thinking either 2011 or 2012) full size RR as the replacement for the LR4 next summer when the lease is up. We really like the LR4, but our kids are growing up, and we don't need the 7 passenger seating any longer. Having something a bit more sporty seems the direction my wife would like to head in. The RR Sport may be a bit small for our needs, so I'm leaning towards the Certified full size version. The current used / certified pricing does not seem to be so bad (about $65K to $70K around the country for a one to two year old RR with about 15K to 25K miles on them). My thinking is that the pricing may even get more attractive once the 2013 RR'***** the showrooms as we move well into 2013. Therefore, I'm thinking that for the same price as a new Sport, and slightly more then a new LR4, I can get my wife a full size RR with 4 years (or more), and approx. 80K miles of warranty left. What say you???

Cheers,

Joe

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheesehead I am!! Isn't everybody??
I have 2 10 year olds and I do need the 3rd row. Otherwise I will be driving a RR. My wife has the LR2 and the cargo space is a joke.
I do not have a problem with a certified vehicle. Actually, my LR4 was a loaner/manager vehicle. The good thing about LR is that they have to put their loaners back into sale between 6 and 9 months of use. I just told them that as soon as they have an LR4 with the options I wanted to call me. They did, the price was right for 6000 miles with almost 3 1/2 years of warranty left. As soon as I am approaching the last few months of warranty I will do the same thing. That's what I did with my LR3 and no regrets. The thing is that once you find the right vehicle, you have to gamble, wait and it may be gone or the price may drop. Flip a coin!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM