20" Wheels and Off-Roading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my bluetooth IIDTool - a must have.

Hey, tell me more about the above?

Yes. Fortunately I have the BT as well otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do anything. The instrument cluster was black and the engine would not start.
What happened is that I reset the CCF to factory settings before going to the dealer.
Once I picked up the truck, I made the changes I had initially made (digital speedo, DRL, global close and a couple other things).
As I got to work (start late as I work for a school), I looked at the dash and felt like it had downgraded itself back to the 2010 style so I decided to reflash it...
That killed the entire truck.
I sent an alarmed email to Patrick and after following different steps, I managed to get the Instrument Cluster back on and eventually rewrote the CCF so the car would start again.
In the end, it was neither an actual problem with the truck or the IIDTool but my fault as I tried to overwrite something that couldn't be overwritten again...
This may not be too clear for 2012 and later truck owners as their dash has already been upgraded from factory...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4