2000 D2 Transmission Fluid Temp Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaRover

Reaction score
My 2000 D2 trany light started coming on yesterday. I was driving slow on the city streets and it came on. I stopped and waited until it turned off and drove again, it came on again after a few yards. I limped on for miles (10-15 miles per hour), stop and go every time the light came on (for about 15 miles) and if I waited say about 10 minutes after the light turned off could go further before it came on again. I had to get on the freeway for a portion of trip home. The light did not come on driving on the freeway at all, and by then the outside temp had dropped by say 5-10 degrees F. I thought that was interesting and was wondering if the lower outside temp was the reason or just driving faster and getting more air thru the cooler. This morning I got on the freeway and the light did not come on. Got off the freeway and about 3-4 miles later it came on. Got back on the freeway driving at about 55-70 miles the light did come on but if I put the car in neutral and coasted it would go off in about 10 seconds. I got off the freeway driving about 25-35 miles the light came on, put the car in neutral and coasted at slower speeds it took about 20 seconds for the light to go off. Had the transmission fluid level checked and it was OK. Any ideas what is going on please? Thank you all!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have your battery tested. I would also look at changing the transmission fluid if it hasn't been done.

SeaRover

Reaction score
The problem is faulty temperature sensor on the cooler and I have one on order. Does anyone know what I have to remove to get to the sensor to change it? Thank you all!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dont recall off the top of my head, but download the RAVE manual and have a look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635