2000 Disco II Seat Frame removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaroszNC

Reaction score
I am back. So far, I've been having good luck fixing up my new [but old] Disco. The next problem I have is that my drivers side seat is unanchored due to a snapped riser for the power seats. I aquired a new part and when trying to remove my current seat frame, the left side rear TORX screw will not come out. It turns, but appears to have been stripped.

Anyone have any advice as to how to remove this screw?

JaroszNC

Reaction score
Ok... no responses? I am guessing someone previously misthread the bolt and stripped it. Any suggestion besides drilling it out?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am out of town on vacation, not sure about everyone else.

Drill it or, get a screw removal tool... can't remember the tech term for it, but it will basically cut it as it spin it out.

JaroszNC

Reaction score
Thanks Joey

Thats what I figured. Was hoping to get a quick fix. Hope you had a good vacation. Sorry to have to lean on you so much for advice, but its appreciated.

I also heard from someone that the nut has most likely come loose from the frame [since it turns with resistance but is not coming up]. Is there an easy underframe access to this bolt/nut???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635