2003 Disco 2, pulled codes and cylinders 2,4,6,8 detected misfires. Truck runs great and does not overheat ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spaulding

Reaction score
Hello members, tried searching the forum but I didn't really find where one bank of cylinders were misfiring and the truck drives great with no issues. So, this is for the Disco I just purchased over the weekend but I'm out of town and not with my truck at the moment but I pulled codes and 2,4,6,8 cylinders detected misfires. I will buy the kit to determine if there is exhaust gas in my coolant when I get home and will post back results but is it possible that it's Not a blown head gasket? As per title of my post the truck runs great. I won't drive it until it's confirmed just in case. Thank you for the feedback.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
coil pack or injectors

Scanachi

Reaction score
I think Joey is right!

I just had my coil pack replaced and the symptoms are spot on.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Spaulding

Reaction score
coil pack or injectors
ok, I appreciate the feedback on this issue. I'm going to go to the garage that has serviced this truck to see what has been done recently as there are new spark plug wires already installed so I'd like to know what else has been done. I plan on checking the coolant for exhaust gases today just to confirm I'm good. I did pull codes again this morning and I got a P1300 that says, "misfire detected sufficient to cause catalyst damage". I cleared it and it hasn't come back yet. I will keep you updated.

Spaulding

Reaction score
Well the seller was not being totally truthful as the shop in reference only did his inspections and don't want to touch the Land Rover. So, I'll get the coils in the next couple of weeks and get them installed and post back. thank you.

Scanachi

Reaction score
Oh no! I hope everything turns out OK.

Looking forward to your update.

Pic?

Spaulding

Reaction score
I'm sure it will. I travel for work out of state M-F so it'll be a bit before I follow up next. Ordering some 5W 40 Rotella oil as I have an oil leak that just took a quart after 250 miles of highway driving.

Spaulding

Reaction score
Oh no! I hope everything turns out OK.

Looking forward to your update.

Pic?
I'm sorry it's been awhile since I posted but I don't have an update. We moved 4 weeks ago and I've been so busy getting settled into the house that I've not taken any time for the Discovery but it drives super well despite getting intermittent 3 amigos that come and go. I do have some electrical gremlins though. The sunroof opens up all by itself despite have the lock button depressed. They don't work for but the rear one opens up by itself, so bizarre. When I took the fuse out then my back windows don't work. Lastly the remote is the only way to lock all doors however it only unlocks the drivers door. I realize these issues don't fall under the title of my post but sharing just the same.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like your vehicle may have had some water ingress issues at some point. For the sunroofs (I don't like them myself, so I would just make sure they are closed and pull the power plug to the motors). Door locks the master is the drivers door so it may be on its way out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72