2003 disco replacing tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjvarc

Reaction score
hello all,

going to replace tires on my 2003 disco. tires on disco P255/70 R16,
i previous ask the forum on recommendations for tires and everyone seems to agree with
BF Goodrich T/AKO all terrain which i also like.

do you think i go with P265/75 R16 instead of P255 70 R16?

original equipment size: 255/55-18 but my disco came with P255/70 R16.

any suggestions ?

thanks,

p

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you live, what type of weather and if you go off road, what sort of wheeling do you do? Not to through a wrench into your idea of a BFG AT, I have run their MT's for over 8 years, but the AT is terrible on and off road, it's only good point is it last pretty long. Off road they are real short on traction and tend to throw a lot of rocks and gravel, so you don't want to follow a set of them. On the road, they are one of the worst when it comes to any moisture, snow, mud, ice of rain and do have a tendency to break loose when doing sharp turns in any moisture.
There are so many other AT's on the market that are so much better.

pjvarc

Reaction score
thanks mike for replying,

i live in california so i'm exposed to desert terrain and in the winter snow up in our local mountains. i do off roading allot but i also drive in the city. also in northern cal rain and mud are also in the mix.

what AT do you recommend ? what about increasing the to P265/75 R16 instead of P255 70 R16?

thanks, peter

pjvarc

Reaction score
i look into bf goodrich all terrain and reviews were mixed. overall a good tire but not a great tire. mike, your review was dead on.

my decision is narrow to two tires

1. Nitto Terra Grappler warranty 60 months (4.5 out of 5 tirebuyer)
2. Firestone Destinaton A/T 112/ 109R ( rating 8.7 tirerack) warranty 5yr/ 50,000

anyone has thoughts or experiences with these tires ?
what about increasing to P265/75 R16 instead of P255 70 R16?
currently, i have P255 70 R16.

thanks, p

hawkster

Reaction score
The Bridgestone Revo2 is available in 255 70 R16 and its the Firestone Destinaton A/T taken to the next level (same parent company). Its incredible in the rain, snow and ice. Went offroad in 1.5 ft of loose snow, ripped through it like nothing. Also, looks a bit more aggressive. Got quote off tirerack and my local firestone dealer matched it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo