2006 LR3 6 Disc Bluetooth Radio Buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several buttons on my radio that are broken. I think the pin behind the buttons snapped. I've been looking around and seems like I have a few options.

1 buy a broken radio for under 100.00 and swap out the buttons.
2 buy a used functional radio for about 200.00
3 upgrade to a 2008 radio for 250.00. But I'm not sure if this compatible with my truck????

Anyone know how to fix the buttons? If not which route would be the better route to go?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I did a little more searching and determined that I could also buy the faceplate for about 200.00.

I guess my real question would be could I upgrade my 06 radio to an 08? Are the background colors the same and would the Bluetooth function?

Here is the part number for the 2008 radio -LR003073

Last edited:

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK the bluetooth module is not built into the radio itself but on "discothree dot co dot uk" there is talk of upgrading the software in the bluetooth module can improve the quality of sound and adds some display features to the radio. Apparently replacing the module itself with a LR4 one is even better.

I think the cheapest fix is the replacement faceplate unless you can find a replacement radio cheaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM