2006 RR wind howl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kybball44

Reaction score
RCM,
I am having the same problem with an 06 RRS. It only really makes the sound when I am driving above 55 mph. I cannot tell exactly where it is coming from, buy it sounds like it is coming from the back drivers side window. It is very annoying. Have you had any luck finding a solution to the problem?

msk2503

Reaction score
First try .landroverforums.com more info and more activity than this site. Next try your local rover dealer. I had my lower cowl resealed on the front windshield and it cost $84. Some things are priced ridiculous but some are not. Good luck

RCM

Reaction score
Keep your fingers crossed but I may have found it. As you have read in my post, I thought that I had tried everything in the past 6 months and a few days ago, I felt as if I must find it for my sanity. Dug out the tape again and tried two things that I had not covered earlier and I belive that it helped greatly. The first was taping around where the left mirrow base is fitted onto the area ahead of the left front window and second was putting a piece of electrical tape under the left side of the windscreen where it meets the moulding and down about 3 inches, or as far as it would go. I have driven it almost 100 miles without the radio and the difference, for me, was dramatic. If you try it, please let me know if it helps you also. I will put about 200 miles on it this weekend and I hope I have not jinxed myself by possibly writing this too early.

RCM

Reaction score
As for as mine is concerned, that did fix it as I have driven it about 400 miles with no issues.

Good luck !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635