2010 LR4 Headlight problem / weirdness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random thing has happened 2x on our 2010 LR4 HSE Lux. Truck has high beam assist. Anyways, driving at night on the highway -- now twice -- cold weather -- a few weeks apart, here's what happens:

I hear a click down in the passenger front footwell area
Front lights actually go OUT for a sec and come right back on
Truck makes some warning beep
The dynamic headlight lamp comes on and blinks until you restart the car (its green)
Everything then works as normal but the headlights don't swivel when you turn around corners.

Any ideas ?

Red Landie

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the fuses and circuit breakers are located up under the passenger's footwell. That clicking sound you are hearing may be a circuit breaker opening or closing.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the fuses and circuit breakers are located up under the passenger's footwell. That clicking sound you are hearing may be a circuit breaker opening or closing.

Yes that's where the fuses are located. I bet it is a fuse issue or some sort of electrical problem. The lighting system in the lux with vision assist is pretty complex.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random thing has happened 2x on our 2010 LR4 HSE Lux. Truck has high beam assist. Anyways, driving at night on the highway -- now twice -- cold weather -- a few weeks apart, here's what happens:

The dynamic headlight lamp comes on and blinks until you restart the car (its green)
Everything then works as normal but the headlights don't swivel when you turn around corners.

Any ideas ?

Did you change a ny bulbs yourself or disconnect the headlight assembly? If so, the dealer may need to reprogram the active headlight feature.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any ideas ?

Short? Poor fuse connection? Have you tried pulling the fuse out and/or replacing it?

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: additional problem

It's done it 2 more times. And also, I noticed that the LED lights under the mirrors (puddle lamps I think they're called) no longer work (at all). To the dealer we go.

Jobaker4

Reaction score
Exact same thing happened in my 2011 HSE Lux with vision assist! Please let us know what you find out. So far has only happened once to me but it was in the bitter cold too...

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Adaptive Front Lighting System warning lamp come on twice in the last couple of months. It would stay flashing until the next start of the car. I took it to the dealer and of course they say they can't reproduce the problem.

How do you tell if the Adaptive Front lights are working or not?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Adaptive Front Lighting System warning lamp come on twice in the last couple of months. It would stay flashing until the next start of the car. I took it to the dealer and of course they say they can't reproduce the problem.

How do you tell if the Adaptive Front lights are working or not?

You can see the lights turn when you're driving at night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM