2010 LR4 Misfires on 2,4,6,8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK coolant. Well at least your injectors are ok... How long have you owned this LR4? Typical HG failure is due to an overheat and head warpage. If the water pump went out and the engine got hot that could have done it.

jwise87

Reaction score
I have only owned it a few weeks. I think I figured out why the previous owner sold it though. In general when that happens does it ruin the head or just head gaskets? It is hard to find a lot of information out on the web.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going back to the start it looks like only one bank of cylinders are affected. Fortunately you may only have to do one head and not both. Coolant in the cylinder is quite definitive = failed head gasket likely caused by warped or cracked head (hopefully not cracked). The previous owner may have just changed the head gasket as a band aid and traded the vehicle. The only way to do it properly is to pull the head and have a good machine shop measure and take the warp out. As little as possible though because any material removed off the head is increasing your compression.

My theory is that the water pump had a catastrophic failure and the engine overheated. These pumps are/were notorious and when they go they go. Always watch your coolant levels (monthly at least) as regular dropping is an indication that the pump and/or crossover is starting to leak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM