2011 LR4 immobilzer questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugmw177

Reaction score
Has anyonne else had the folowing happen and what was the solution:

my son called me yesterday and stated the LR4 would not start. he had the smart key in his pocket and car unlocked itself normally when he approached. he sat down, put foot on brake and pressed start button. Nothing. no dash lights, no error messages just nothing. He exited the car and a few secconds later the alarm [horn honking] began. it continued for 30 seconds or so. He attempted to start it again but still nothing.

He took another car. when i arrived home, took the other key fob from the house and went out and it started normally. no error messages etc. [it was aproximately 1 hour after it would not start for him.

When he arrived home 3-4 hours later i asked him to go start it [making sure it was not an issue with his remote]. started normally.

I think he somehow managed to initiate the immobilizer the first try but he could not remember anything he did differently from usual.

Any suggestions?

(working fine currently but do not want him stranded somewhere in the future)

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change the key fob battery.

The immobilizer antenna is at the bottom right of the steering column.
If you're having key fob issues. Hold the key fob up against the antenna and crank the vehicle.

Last edited:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if the vehicles unlocked and you press the start button the TFT screen in the dash should light up and tell you it can’t find the key.

ugmw177

Reaction score
thanks for all the responses. I agree and assumed he would get some sort of error message like smartkey not found or remote battery low but nothing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72