2011 LR4 - Space for kids & Rearseat entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ANDREA

Reaction score
Hi All!
Currently looking at the LR4. I have 3 kids ages 3, 4 and 7. If anyone currently owns and has 3 kids in carseats as well.. was wondering how it was spacewise with carseats installed, and how the DVD Rear Entertainment was. The website says the DVD systems includes wired headphones, was wondering if it works wirelessly and how well a child in 3rd row can see the DVD screens in second row. Thanks for your help!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 3 kids and an LR4, but my kids are teenagers; 16,16 and 14. I can tell you they love the LR4 and none of them feel the least bit slighted if they ride in the third row.

I had my niece in the truck a while ago and her car seat was fine and was easy to secure. There was plenty of space for her to kick her legs out and not hit the seat in front of her.

I didn't get the entertainment package as my kids are a little beyond that. They travel with laptops and netbooks now. It seems they are always on Facebook in the truck when traveling, but they do watch movies too on thier own devices.

With kid seats in the outboard seating positions and the center seat folded down I am sure anyone in the third row could see the movies just fine. It will be small for them, but I'm sure it will work.

Good luck and maybe someone else can answer the more specific questions you have.

Rob

DennisL

Reaction score
Our grandkids was one of the main reasons for coming back to LR4. Can't comment on the entertainment sys since we didn't get it, however they fought over who gets the rear seats. They love having their own storage bins on the side and cup holders! We had 3 of them (ages 4,5,& 6) for a week stay over this summer.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

Sammydtd

Reaction score
I actually have the RSE package and my three year old loves it. Comes with wireless headphones and a remote control. You can Also turn the system on or off from the navi screen and even turn each rear screen on or off.

Good luck

Sam

dstrickler

Reaction score
Skip the entertainment package

We have a 4 and 6 year old. Instead of buying the $2,500 DVD player (that's really all it is), we bought two iPads, and the kids can watch movies, play games, etc. And, and this is a big and, you can take them out of the car, when when you're not driving, they are still functional.

For $700, and iPad can hold about 30-40 kids movies (which tend to be a little shorter than feature films)

As for room for car seats, yes, there is plenty, and there also are hooks for connecting them.

hitman007

Reaction score
Three car seats in the second row is going to be tight. We went with the ipad option as well.

Stomachdoc

Reaction score
We have the RSE package (my wife's preferred color combination had it) and I would agree that the iPad option makes way more sense. That being said it's a very flexible system and you can watch separate programs on each screen by using the AV Inputs behind the center console. You can play the audio through the truck's audio system or else through wired outputs on the door sills. Still, $2500 can buy several iPads which--gulp-- also allow you to read books!

Logger09

Reaction score
We have a 2/5/7 yr old, all in carseats still. We use 3 Safety 1st Go Hybrid Booster Car Seats, they are 5-point, adjustable and low-profile (width compact). 3 fit across the back in the 2nd row, alternatively, we put one in the 3rd row (kids all want to sit back there), and leave the middle seat of the 2nd row down. We also have opted for the Ipad route, bought one and use a stand to put it between the driver/pass on the center console. All 3 can see it (even the one in the 3rd row), and can play audio through the car's system. This LR4 replaced an LR3. We would not buy any other vehicle due to the unique capabilities, luxury, and utility of the LR4.

reodje00

Reaction score
i have 3 kids--ages 1, 2, & 3--all in britax marathon car seats. i have it configured as follows: 2nd row: rear facing behind driver, forward-facing in the center, and passenger/right seat always down; 3rd row: forward-facing behind driver and passenger/right seat always down. It works out great. I do have to climb in to buckle my 2 in the forward facing seats but not a problem for me. We don't have the RSE, but the iPad idea is great. I love my car!

beavis

Reaction score
9/6/3/3/3 - 4 car seats, 1 booster. Loading the car seats is easier than in mom's mini van (but still time consuming enough that it doesn't happen very often). Kids do fight over who gets the back seats, mine are short and like sitting up high. Very small 3 yr olds have no trouble seeing out of the windows from 2nd and 3rd rows.

No RSE... just seemed like one more electronic thingy to break and get outdated since I tend to keep my vehicles for 10 years. Individual electronic devices for everyone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM