2011 LR4 Voice Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my new 2011 LR4, which I ordered back in June (arrived 2 weeks early). I picked it up during my lunchtime so really didn't have a lot of time with the sales person to go over everything. But one thing that is missing is the voice activation. The sales person just e-mailed me back and said that the 2011 are not equipped with voice activation "because they were having a lot of problems with it working properly". Is this really true?

I have the HSE Lux with Heavy Duty and Vision Assist Package. MSRP on my car is $60,915.

Can someone with a 2011 LR4 HSE Lux verify if you have voice activation?

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have tried is using the phone with voice activation and that works. Just have had mine 3 weeks.

My does have the voice logo on Black Bottom button.

Smart move on the Visson assist. Did that give you folding mirrors?

Last edited:

2011LR4LUX

Reaction score
Hi Waltxonice and congrats on your new LR4. I picked up my 2011 LR4 back in July and it does come with the voice activation. It works well without any problem. I have just the LUX package. Land Rover is getting really sneaky with the new 2011 LR4.

I just realized that I did not have the folding mirrors because its part of the vision package which also includes the auto high beam and the headlight assist. This was ALL part of the LUX package for 2010....

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back to the dealership after work to inquire about the lack of voice activation on my LR4 (even though it's all explained in my manual). The sales guy there explained to me that they had received a bulletin some time in mid-August from Land Rover saying that this feature is no longer available on any of their vehicles (including the Range Rovers).

Can you believe this???? I am pretty ****** about this. :mad:

The sales guy was really nice though, saying he thinks *maybe* they can add it back on somehow. I'll keep y'all posted on what happens.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of this, I find it hard to believe. I can't imagine how much $ LR invested in the voice system, to give it the Heisman is pretty shocking.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to tell you guys right now that I rarely use it. About the only time I do use it, is for calling people that you have to tag with a voice tag already.

I might have used the "I'm Hungy" thing once to show places to eat around me one time. The rest of them are too finiky to figure out most of the time.

Rob

jcinfburg

Reaction score
I have 2011 LUX w/ vision. I've had 3 vehicles with voice command and never used it. Trying to remember the correct syntax for exactly what operation was the problem. I agree with crecabrob that its more hype than fact.

The vision package also comes with the cameras which I think is a bit hokey. The auto highbeams are pretty cool and works really well.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had nav or bluetooth in my old car, but I really do see myself using it especially for the phone. I use the voice feature on my iPhone all the time and it works great.

jcinfburg - does your 2011 LR4 have the voice activation feature? So far it seems like mine is the only one that doesn't have it.

JohnR

Reaction score
You're not missing much.
Like the rest of the electronics on the car, it works well,
but suffers from an absolutely horrible user interface.

You have to memorize the list of magic words to make it work.
For instance, you could say Navigation: Show POI
If by some freak chance it recognized what you said, it would work.
If not, it'll do nothing or something completely unexpected.

By comparison, on the Lexus, you could just say Navigation.
A list of further commands would show up on the screen,
that you could then say or touch to make work.

jcinfburg

Reaction score
I've never had nav or bluetooth in my old car, but I really do see myself using it especially for the phone. I use the voice feature on my iPhone all the time and it works great.

jcinfburg - does your 2011 LR4 have the voice activation feature? So far it seems like mine is the only one that doesn't have it.

My 2011 does not have the voice feature.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM