2011 Lr4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the local dealers has the LR4 I want in stock so I'm thinking about ordering one. I'm not sure how long that takes, but if it'll take several months, I'm just wondering if I'm better off waiting to order a 2011 model just to avoid getting a first year model. Thoughts or advice??

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is it that you want that they don't have?
I want an LR4 HSE LUX PLUS in Izmir Blue with Ebony/Black interior. None of the local dealers has this and in fact when I looked at the inventory in the whole US via cars.com I don't see this combination at all. So I'm thinking I'll have to order one. I haven't talked to a dealer yet... don't know how long that would take. If the new 2011's will be coming out by late summer, then I'm thinking I may be better off ordering a second year model. But if the 2011's will not be coming out until the end of the year, then I may just go ahead and order a 2010 now.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Join the club. Color selection is VERY limited. Bali Blue was our first choice and the Teal was #2. None to be found anywhere. We settled in on an Alaska White LUX plus.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waltzonice, I can understand your hesitation about buying a first year model LR4. However outside of the engine most of the improvements from the LR3 to the Lr4 are cosmetic. I bought an early build 2005 LR3 and if you add up all the replacement parts and work done its really a 2007. I learned my lesson, but I still like my Lr3. I wouldn't have the same hesitation with the LR4. Sure there have been a few software glitches (window, key, etc), but now those are fixed right away with software updates. If you can find one I say go for it.

Roversky

Reaction score
We have the Izmir blue with ebony interior,excellent choice,get positive comments frequently. We had to order ours,ordered late Nov. arrived March 2nd.(during a snow-perfect). We have had NO issues whatsoever with ours yet,vehicle is perfect.I say go ahead and order it as a 2010. In fact it may save you some money depending on where you live. Here in North Carolina they charge a vehicle use tax based on the value of the vehicle ANNUALLY. So if I were ordering a 2011 now,next year I would be taxed on a 2011 model,instead of a 2010 which would be less due to depreciation.

nolift911

Reaction score
I guess we got lucky with our Lugano Teal, no issues thus far and have about 5k miles on it and many trips with nothing but gas in terms of what it needs.

We have an old 01 Disco with 180k on it so we are not new to the LR family - this vehicle does everything well and that is tough to do these days with all the selections out there in SUV's.

The engine is superb - pulls hard, ride is smooth and it is very capable - here in the NE we got 38 inches of snow this past winter - the LR4 acted like it was not there (we do have the heavy duty package with the locking rear diff but I could not get it to engage (if you can even tell when it is or isn't))

Anyway no issues with ours and the color is pretty cool - I heard they stopped the Lugano Teal color just a few months into production - not sure why?.

lehua011

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long that takes, but if it'll take several months, I'm just wondering if I'm better off waiting to order a 2011 model just to avoid getting a first year model. Thoughts or advice??

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you are, but I'm betting you can get a much better deal on a 2010 that is in inventory somewhere rather than ordering a 2011. And given that a lot of what's new is cosmetic, it's not completely a new model year.

Jenson

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long that takes, but if it'll take several months, I'm just wondering if I'm better off waiting to order a 2011 model just to avoid getting a first year model. Thoughts or advice??

I think it is always better to get a model year later if you can wait. From what I heard/read 2010 LR4 is doing pretty good overall and most problems have been dealt with. I will be getting an 2010 LR4 as my lease expires soon. Also, it is true that you can get better deal on 2010 than 2011.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM