2011 RR Vogue TDV8 Battery Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have an issue where the battery runs flat really quickly when the doors are open and engine off. I understand that there are a million light globes and more computers than you can imagine at work but when we stop the car and unload or load the car constantly tells us to start the engine as the battery is low. I regularly charge the battery in the garage and have had the battery checked and it appears ok. LR tell me its just the way it is and I can accept that to a point given all the gizmos on the car and the huge drain that it must have. am contemplating getting a second battery fitted. thoughts?

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Vittorio, how much driving do you do and how long is each drive between loading and unloading.

While a second battery could fix your problem, ( and is easy to fit in the TDV8 ) it will still depend on how much driving time you are doing.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
thanks for the reply - there is a lot of driving between the two - 3-5 hours

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK your battery should be in better state.

When you charge the battery, do keep the charger on till the battery charger goes into FLOAT mode or do you leave the charger on for a longer time?

Vittorio01

Reaction score
I generally just hook it up to the charger in the evening and take it off in the morning

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK then something does not sound right.

Have you checked to see if there is something placing a load on your battery after the motor is turned off.

Even a small current draw can flatten a battery over night.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
will check that thanks but my issue happens even when the battery is fully charged - opening the doors to unload basically the battery drains very quickly - I will get an auto electrician to take a look.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your battery can't hold a charge. Get a second opinion on your battery's health because I don't think they are properly testing it under load - and get the alternator checked as well while you're at it, just to make sure that's not the reason why your battery is crapping out so soon. I have been told before my battery was just fine, only to find out it was slowly leaking acid and the shop was just too lazy to visually check it properly. Fortunately I caught it before the acid could do damage to the electronics surrounding it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635