2012 lr4 rear floor mat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pabs406

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a proud owner of a 2012 lr4. Just wondering why the back floor area (2nd row) doesn't have any hooks or anything to hold down the floor mats. The fronts have hooks, but nothing in the 2nd row. Is this normal?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '11 came with a bag of plastic anchors that appear to screw into the carpet for this purpose. I never used them because my OEM rubber mats stay put pretty well. I would imagine they are available through the dealer.

The part on the instructions is shown as LR006237-38-39-40. I can post a photo of the anchors if needed.

Last edited:

pabs406

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll probably just leave them put if you say the rubber stays in place. Don't want to drill unnecessary holes.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll probably just leave them put if you say the rubber stays in place. Don't want to drill unnecessary holes.

I felt the same way when I first got the rubber mats. I knew I could always go back and install the anchors if needed. The 2nd row mats are two asymmetrical sections that provide a small amount of overlap and very good grip IMO. One caveat is that I rarely have passengers in that row. But when I have, I have been impressed that the mats don't move a bit.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both our 2013's do have a hook anchor for each rear mat, just like the front mats. I know because I first ordered the wrong rear mats and the holes in the mats did not line-up with the hooks. There are two different versions of OEM rear rubber mats.

I did add one screw-in anchor at the outermost hole in each rear mat. It prevents them from sliding toward the door. The screw-in mat anchors just screw into the carpet fibers and padding. No drilling required.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just like Paul, my '13 has hooks in the 2nd row for the mats. When I first ordered my full OEM rubber mat set, Land Rover gave me the wrong set without holes. I had to explain and actually show them the other part number with the correct mats with holes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112