2013 Land Rover LR4: SEMA Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that before and LOVE it! Such an awesome build. I have the Pelican boxes, but not quite such a genius way of mounting them on the roof rack. I want that ARB front bumper and spare tire carrier so bad.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange they chose the RR supercharged wheels from 2007ish which have a larger offset (less internal clearance)...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange they chose the RR supercharged wheels from 2007ish which have a larger offset (less internal clearance)...

are you sure those aren't just the base wheels for my 13? they changed them I think.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those wheels were a 20" oem upgrade wheel going back to '05 or so...

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't the 2013 wheels. They are the RR 20" wheels as mentioned which make the wheels sit further into the wheel arch. There must be a reason they chose them.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I never looked at the offset on my LR4 wheels, I have a left over set of '08 RR S/C wheels that have a 58mm offset, and my '13 RR now has 47mm offset. That's quite a difference...

I do believe H&R makes a set of 25mm DRA wheel spacers for the LR bolt pattern. While 25mm is pretty aggressive, it would help for clearence problems.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome link. thanks for posting. Also looked through the entire posting on overland. fascinating...especially the thoughts on how much that beast now weighs!

i am in analysis paralysis mode on getting new tires.
I am not ready to make my LR4 even remotely a dedicated trail rig, nor do i want to put 5k into it just to get better tires.

I should have probably just bought the zeons in 19 and forgot about it.

While I want 18 inch wheels, its seems like a waste of money to get them and then not put larger tires that would preclude them from fitting underneath the vehicle. Stock 18's provide .5 inch more sidewall, unsure if that increase is worth the cost of the 18's and that assumes they would fit underneath. As its the same 30.0 size tire, i believe it would

Unsure if 265/60/18 would also fit underneath but that would be .8inch more in sidewall. 265/65 would give 1.3 inch more, but I am sure that would require repositioning the spare....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bromhead, I have been in the same analysis paralysis mode recently. The difference is that my 18" Comp wheels are already being manufactured, so there is no going back for me... I know that 265/60/18s will fit no problem in the spare wheel well, but the sidewall is what it is in that size - pretty good but not much better than sticking to factory 19s with a 255/55 A/T tire. 285/60/18 (and 265/65/18, which is virtually the same overall diameter) will fit as well with a bit of patience and "creative winching" when lifting the spare in the well - but only when partially / totally deflated and with the exhaust heat shield removed. I know this by experience on my 2006 Sport, which runs 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZs and has pretty much the same clearances as the LR3/LR4. It'll also rub a tiny bit in places under full compression or steering lock, especially when new.

I am looking at splitting the difference, actually. 275/60/18 should still fit in the spare well under the car, hopefully fully inflated (so I don't lose TPMS on the spare tire, which is currently monitored since I ordered the HD package), no rubbing anywhere, and give me an extra 1/4" of sidewall and a wider stance compared to the 265/60 size. Trouble is, there is only one All-Terrain tire I can find in that size, the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S. It gets good reviews, a bit "mild" as an A/T, but realistically I will be on pavement 99% of the times, so a quiet and competent tire on wet/dry roads but still able to hold its own on most off-road terrains except deep mud (such as the Yokohamas) may actually be a good choice for my LR4 daily driver. I never see snow, so traction on snow/ice is not an issue for me.

I am also installing full Tactical Rovers armor underneath, rock sliders and fuel tank skid plate, as soon as my wheels arrive. Not going to extremes however - no steel bumpers and winches for me. Like you, I am concerned about weight of a car I still intend to use for work, family hauling and running errands every day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo