2014 LR4 - Confirmation of no changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on the year and how much inventory of the previous MY is left... Last year's delayed availability of MY13s was definitely an exception to the rule and part of the delay may also have been due to the factory retooling and filling orders for the hot new (and far more lucrative) 2013 Range Rover. This year some delays may happen again courtesy of the all-new 2014 Sport, but it sounds like they got a head start on that model. Normally, and unless they are introducing a whole new platforms, new model years start showing up at dealerships some time around August / September every year.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on the year and how much inventory of the previous MY is left... Last year's delayed availability of MY13s was definitely an exception to the rule and part of the delay may also have been due to the factory retooling and filling orders for the hot new (and far more lucrative) 2013 Range Rover. This year some delays may happen again courtesy of the all-new 2014 Sport, but it sounds like they got a head start on that model. Normally, and unless they are introducing a whole new platforms, new model years start showing up at dealerships some time around August / September every year.

That makes more sense.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear that the regular Range Rover HSE is going to come with a 340hp s/c V6. If they're doing this to the RR, then I think they'll do the same for the LR4. I'll call the dealer tomorrow to see if I can get any info out of them.

If the 14 is the same, ill wait. If its changing, I may rush down and order one.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear that the regular Range Rover HSE is going to come with a 340hp s/c V6. If they're doing this to the RR, then I think they'll do the same for the LR4. I'll call the dealer tomorrow to see if I can get any info out of them.

If the 14 is the same, ill wait. If its changing, I may rush down and order one.
Please keep us posted if you hear anything solid. I've asked various big dealerships and they all have their own rumors - no real information it seems.

I have no doubt the V6 is coming to the Discovery, but I don't think it will happen until they shed some weight.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that the base will have the V6, but I think a large part of the LR4 demographics would be turned off as that for the only option. However, I believe that many of the folks who would hold out for the V8 would also be open to the idea of a V6 IF it were a diesel. Doesn't sound like they are moving in that direction though.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think newcomers to the brand won't care at all... they have no legacy and/or experience as reference and the V6 will feel fine and save them $.

For guys like us though, it's a horrible notion.

Last edited:

faspaz

Reaction score
I hear Land Rover is going to announce a 4-cyclinder for the 2014 model. They saw what a bogus rumor like a new 6-cylinder engine did for sales on the 2013 (so many on this board panicked and went and place orders for a 2013 that very day) that they decided to double-down with their own rumor of a 4-cylinder. They expect sales of the 2013 models to skyrocket.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear Land Rover is going to announce a 4-cyclinder for the 2014 model. They saw what a bogus rumor like a new 6-cylinder engine did for sales on the 2013 (so many on this board panicked and went and place orders for a 2013 that very day) that they decided to double-down with their own rumor of a 4-cylinder. They expect sales of the 2013 models to skyrocket.
Were you on this forum about 2 years ago as gfronus?

JMC08

Reaction score
Haha, anything to sell a few more vehicles!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis