265/65/18 BFGoodrich All-Terrains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chomondely said:
I am looking at the GoodYear Wrangler Silent Armour At in the p275/65 R 18 with an OD of 32.1 inches and a width of 11 inches. Based on your use of the BFG's, do you think I will have any clearance problems?

I need something more robust for off the road.[/QUOTE

Good for you!
My tires, and (and Nathan's) come in @ about 31.5 inches tall, and I get occasional rubbing during regular driving, (see earlier post this thread). Depending on who you are and what you can put up with, this is your decision if this is acceptable. As for the width, Nathan's are 285's, so that should not be such a big deal.
Personally, I wouldn't go that big. I'd go to the BFG for the tread and strength. The SA's just don't seem that awesome to me. I'm very satisfied with the BFG's.

H

hooknows

You can get the wrangler silent armour in the stock 255/60/18, that is what I am looking at doing down the road when I need new tires. I'll stick with the standard size if possible. I don't want to worry about rubbing even occassionally if possible.

Well, they did have them at 1010 tires.com but now they don't, figures !!

Last edited by a moderator:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Davez26, is there room to fit the trailer hitch receiver with your BFG spare???

chomondely

Reaction score
Thanks. How well do the Nittos do in the mud? I drive over quite a bit of cactus and mesquite thorns. On my Vovlo XC90, I used the LTX M/S. Great performance but a little lacking in the mud. I did get 80k miles on them and still had plenty of tread.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had much opportunity in thick mud. Only big puddles. they did good in the puddles, but.....

RRsport with Nittos:
100353258-M-1.jpg

My LR3 on it's second day of ownership:
Cajon-2-1024.gif

http://nwoods.smugmug.com/photos/100353258-M-1.jpg

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duckdive said:
Hey Davez26, is there room to fit the trailer hitch receiver with your BFG spare???
Haven't been ignoring, just been out of town. When I get my wife and car back from Breckenridge, I will take a look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4