285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Access and Crawl mode..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning on replacing the stock tires on my07 LR3 with the 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers..I have a v. good experience with Grapplers and my Disco II
The question is the size....
How will the 285/60/18 do in crawl and access mode... any known problems.....
I am also wandering if changing the tire size would affect the warranty...
I would appreciate any input
Chris

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on mine. No rubbing in any modes nor did the dealer say anything.. the store manager actually complimented my tire choice one night.

Good choice.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have looked great on my Disco.. how do they look...
so no rubbing in crawl with turning reverse etc???
that would be great!!! I just loved those tires
chris

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, no rubbing, they fit quite nice and look great. ill see if i can dig up a closeup shot tomorrow at work.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zbysiu23,
i cant find any photos that easy. go check out nwoods truck. he's got millions of photos and his rig is pretty sweet anyways.

if you look through some of his posts you'll find he has a whole other website devoted to images of offroading and such.... or if he reads this he might give you a link...

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the Nitto's.

The only issue I ran into was catching the wiring harness in the front wheel well on one occasion that needed a minor repair and subsequently the wiring better tucked up out of the way where it should have been in the first place. I was off road and must have had full lock on when it happened. Simple fix and I think that it's not unusual.

Otherwise, no rubs or problems at all in any mode.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that some people report rubbing and others don't. Some people report wiring harness interference and others don't. I experienced rubbing with my Coopers but no problem with the wiring harness. Graham experienced no rubbing but DID have problems with the wiring harness...that seems inconsistent.

I wonder what contributes to this...???

EAS tuning?
Rim offset (mine were aftermarket)?

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we should all check the position of the harness on our LR3 and share it..
the Cooper tire even though the same size seams to be a bit larget and that may be it...
The style of the thread itself may be enough to make a diference in clearance..
Nitto tires are rounded on the edges the thread flows to the side wall...
Within the same size there may be up to an inch diference between tires depending on brand and design..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo