6 Disc Changer wonky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Disco. The CD changer no worky. Meaning that when I press CD on the radio panel, to go to CDC, it comes up with nothing. CD's load in, I can hear them, and yes, they are in correctly. I checked the cabling under the pass. seat and all is good. I am getting ready to take it to LR for warranty work but was hoping someone may have some good insight into this problem. Weird. Any ideas? I think system is whack. Also, on my '96 Dicso, driver window had an automatic down feature. But not on this one???!!! Maybe another warranty problem.

Cheers,

Reagan

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help with the CD changer problem, but my 2004 Discovery does have the automatic down feature. I would think yours would too????

T

tkcomp

My 2004 Discovery also has an automatic down on the window but occasionally it seems to have a mind of its own :<)

As far as the CD changer did you try spraying some compressed air in the unit with the cartridge removed. Passably there is some dust/dirt in the unit.

B

BigMike

Reagan,

My first question is, did you burn the CDs yourself or buy them at a retailer? If you burned them yourself, there are some issues to discuss.

Mike

[email protected]

Reaction score
On the Cd's. Tried both a self burned (works perfectly in the single slot for DVD Nav) as well as store bought. So, I think self burned are a non issue.

On the windows. It is like BMW, a quick jab at the button and it rolls down automatically. But only the driver window. Why? Why? One auto down on a $40K plus vehicle! That's just sheer stupidity. I had a G35 and it had auto down, and up, on EVERY window, including the sunroof. You'd think those Brits would get this convenience thing down to a science.

Frustrated with Changer. Will let LR Dealer figure it out for free. Gotta love that bumper to bumper. Oh well. I will report back.

Cheers.

Reagan

D

discoskc

By any chance are the CD's in the changer upside down. I know in my 95 Disco, I need to put the CDs label down in the tray. If I put the CDs label up, as is the case with every other CD changer I have used, the Disco gives me a read error.

SKC

[email protected]

Reaction score
Nope. Double, triple checked that one. My '96 was teh same way. Opposite of the 2004. Cheer - Reagan

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I don't have the LR cd changer...but I have had several other aftermarket ones, every one I have had has a reset button.... I imagine that it would tell you that in the manual if it had one, but its a thought anyway

R

Rex_Dart

I have a 2004 SE7 with a changer that won't play. It loads the cd's, but they don't spin up, and the radio displays CD0-00. I looked at the front of the changer, but didn't see a reset button, but I read that it might reset if you hold down the eject button for about 10 secs. This didn't work, so I guess I'm going to have to pay a visit to my local dealership.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Rex_Dart - I am having the exact same issues as you have described in your post. Exactly. I am taking my vehicle to LR tomorrow and leaving for a week while I am out on business. I will make a post next Monday evening with my results. By the way, does your drivers seat ever squeek or groan a bit?

Cheers - Reagan

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac