95 D1 Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LandyLight

I have a 95 d1 and when i start it its fine let it warm up maybe 15-30 seconds and start off, thats when i get a slight hesitation leave foot of of accelerator and go back down it is usually fine. This only happens when the disco sits over night or hasnt been started in 12< hrs.
My rig has 102k on the clock, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air cleaner have all been replace for my regular maintenece not to try to solve this problem. THis only started when the temp began to drop here in PA. As far as i know fuel pump and injectors have not been replaced. No warning lights or codes are being thrown. ANY THOUHGTS

A

ayavner

My D2 does this after startup in the morning too... always around the same turn, about 1/2 mile after i leave, then it never does it again.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LandyLight said:
I have a 95 d1 and when i start it its fine let it warm up maybe 15-30 seconds and start off, thats when i get a slight hesitation leave foot of of accelerator and go back down it is usually fine. This only happens when the disco sits over night or hasnt been started in 12< hrs.
My rig has 102k on the clock, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air cleaner have all been replace for my regular maintenece not to try to solve this problem. THis only started when the temp began to drop here in PA. As far as i know fuel pump and injectors have not been replaced. No warning lights or codes are being thrown. ANY THOUHGTS
Are you saying that it hesitates only once, and then runs fine? Or something else?

L

LandyLight

Yes it only happens ONCE, thats what i do not understand, but it is a Rover, its almost like it drops in fuel preasure but it is only one time and right after start up. Starting it is also very normal turn the key and VROOOOOM right up.
I was thinking it may be a faulty injector or the begginings of my fuel pump going but like i said it is not constently doing it??????

A

ayavner

mines almost like the ignition cuts out, but just for a split second.... and always around the first right turn i take in the morning.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had this same problem on my 98, right after starting up or going high speeds on freeway (Car would sorta "slow down" to a speed, like it was getting some but not enough fuel)

About a month later the fuel pump went out. This was at 93k miles.

A

Ayidth

Had a similar problem with my '95 Disco 1 after 195,000 km. Hesitation and occasional hard starting. Replaced the fuel pump.

D

discomike

You might want to consider cleaning the throttle body with carb cleaner, especially the throttle plate and the whole throat of the t/b.
I would also suggest you dump a can of SeaFoam through the induction sysytem vaccumn line.
Carbon build up in the t/b will cause what you are describing.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635