'98 Disco .... greetings and a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig

Reaction score
Hello. Just purchased a '98 Discovery LE. Just turned 100K miles, runs like a stripped ape...but, I would like to address some cosmetic issues: 1. The steering wheel is cocked right of center (anoying). Probobly from a previous alignment(?). Question: Will it require pulling the steering wheel or is there another method? 2. The sun visors are loose and hanging down. Hints on how to tighten these? 3. The radio won't work and the local dealer gave me the reset code, said to wait an hour with the key on then punch in the code. Did that, no workie, any ideas? Glad to be here, thank you all for being here, what a great network! Craig:hello:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Steering wheel is adjusted from underneath with doing an alignment... someone adjusted the steering arm too far.

Sun visors loose... not sure I never use mine or look at them

Radio, sounds like you don't have the correct code or not inputting it correctly.

Craig

Reaction score
Thanks Joey

I appreciate the observations. The dealer technician got the code for me, so that's right. Now if anyone has the real "How To" on the radio trick, I'd appreciate it. Talk about stupid.... what were they thinking with the "anti-theft" deal? I mean honestly, the anti-theft feature does NOT prevents a thief from taking the bloody radio! They take it and so what, they can't use it... well neither can I...sheesh. The problem is, when you hook up another you have all these goofy hoops to go thru to get it to work. At this point, having looked at several forums on the radio issue, I'm going to Wal-Mart and get a new radio and bypass this nonsense. I just can't get mine to work at all.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sadly if your radio was ever replaced you may have to pull the radio to get the serial number and then ask rover to get the code for that radio.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635