99 d2 purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iznof

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
After much looking I think that I have found the right vehicle. Its a silver 99 d2 with 63k and an extended waranty untill 88k from the dealer. It has every option for the year, or so the guy claims. Its a local vehicle with everything done at the dealer here in town so I have full records from him on paper as well as from them. I called them and they said everything was normal pertaining to the history of the truck. He is asking 14999 which seems pretty fair but the truck needs tires and a few touch ups. How do I know if it in fact has "all of the options" I know that it has ACE because of the two tanks for PS fluid. It also has jumps but I didnt see any rear air looking things in the back. Any other things to look for?

Questions:

Should I do it?

Is 14k too low of an offer?

Apart from what he says are there any other checks that I should do, Land Rover just had it for a 60k service and said everything was OK?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Land Rover checked it and they said it was good! That is a good thing...

14K is not too low in my opinion.

Does it have a cdl?

iznof

Reaction score
Forgive me, but what and where is CDL? What does it do?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. CDL is a center differential lock. it shows on the low to high gear selector if you have one. It is a must for off-roading. Locks the front and rear diffs to prevent slipping. If it does not have one, it could be added if you have the correct diff.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
14K might be a little high. Found similar comparisons for around $8400. Search autotrader for the whole country to compare prices. Good luck

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly is wrong with that one? Or any rovers in the $8000 range?

iznof

Reaction score
Even if it were the vehicle of my dreams it remains 1500+ miles away. I am going to pick up the rover on thurs. or fri. Anything else I should watch out for in these final hours?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635