99 Discovery II bucking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coil Pack or MAF

Hi again

My Disco II (68K) after my lovely new replacement trans and drive shaft, just had the service engine come on again this evening. Its bucks abit when accelerating, last a few seconds then the light blinks and stays on. The trend was its on for a few days then it goes off and the process repeats itself. I have changed the wires and plugs and the compression on the car is fine so hoping the valves are not the issue. I have been reading similar posts and wondering if its the MAF or Coil packs needing replacement. I will get the codes again.

Unreal but I am so far into this there is no turning back. I am on a mission to get this baby back in order. I may go bankrupt in the process but whatever.....

Also I am wondering to nail a replacement coil pack that is used from a junked vehicle somewhere out there or should I buy a new one ? Or should I start with the MAF ? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks for the help
Charlie L

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

I took your advice on cleaning (from the elec sensor cleaner from Radio Shack) only the wire assembly and think that this may have been causing some of that hesitation. I wanted to start there and see what happened since it was a bit cruded up in the wire harness area.

The service light was on before the process. So after the cleaning and starting the vehicle up, the service light wennt off and has stayed off. I am pretty psyched since I thought it was the valves but the compression according to my mechanic was perfect.

I thank you and Joey for the input and will watch this closely and probably replace it at some point. Will keep you posted. Any other suggestions on other things to maintain please bring it on....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM