A reliable Freelander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houltt

Reaction score
Hello to all, I'm from the north of England living near San Jose, northern california. I could not resist buying a G4 2002 Frelander with 30k mlies on the clock for a ridiculously low price (nobody wants to renew the warranty). Both inlet manifold, tranny and front discs have very recently been replaced by previous owner under warranty so I hope for some trouble free miles at least. I have taken this on as a project but need some knowledgeable people to help me.
I have now installed a Scangauge so I can read inlet temp and coolant temp in real time thro the OBD 11. I noticed the inlet temp climbing on my journey to work so my question is does anybody know what this should be and what would affect it? I have already cleared
Secondly, I should be able if I can find the Enhanced codes and the PID for the transmission temp sensor to work out how to set the Scangauge to also read the tranny temp in real time, does anybody have an idea what these should be? If we can find these, for $160 the Scangauge will not only clear codes and give accurate trip stats (mpg etc) but will also show the three key temperatures allowing us to hopefully avoid the biggest sources of failures on the Freelander.
I realise this is a lot to ask but you do seem to have some knowledgeable guys on board.
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99