A techincal question - Sirius Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overdraft

Reaction score
Folks - just posted this on the Introduction tread so I apologise if you saw it there however...first time poster - 2nd time Range Rover LM owner. The first one was an 2003 that I enjoyed for 8 months - the thing was such a debocle, even the dealer agreed it has to be dealt with...anyway sold it drove a Porsche Cayenne Turbo for four years (which I loved) and am back again - with a spanking new 2008 Stornaway Grey on Ivory Supercharged unit. I have as well had a full Overfinch Package ( Series 1) installed with exhaust system. 22'" wheels by Overfinch as well will go on when the snow goes away in April.

Both my wife are taken by the styling and comfort of the Range Rover - particularly with the Overfinch mods. I sincerly hope that by 2008, they have got the bugs figured out - we really want to fall in love with this car as well.

So two nagging problems in week one we have to deal with and are asking the forum if they can offer advice - on one in particular.

Our front parktronic sensor is not working - oddly enough, the same unit on the 2004 loaner the dealer gave me while waiting for this one, had the same problem...but that will be dealt with on the first serivce. The second (stranger) issue is our Range Rover has a Sirius Equipped radio. My wife and I purchased a lifetime subscription and are very happy with the service.

On delivery I pre-programmed all our preferred stations (18 in total) on the radio. That night, when we went to an appointment and when I turned on the car, I noticed that the radio had lost its pre-programmed station memory. I thought it was a programming error I had made so I took out the owners’ manual to our truck and made sure I program the stations in exactly how it was specified. All was fine for a week and a half until today when my wife turned on the vehicle , station 001 appeared on all 18 pre-sets!. Then after a trip to the grocery she starts up the truck again and...back to what I programmed a week and a half ago.

Does anyone have any ideas or have a clue what is happening - my dealer thinks I am from Mars but I can assure you, it is happening...

Hoping to report back that I am nuts about this SUV...??...??!!

Overdraft

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Well first let me say that I love my Land Rover and would never be without one (if my wife doesn't **** me first).

The Land Rover line has had odd issues since day one. At first in the series vehicles it was grounding (earth) issues.

These days it is odd electrical or computer gremlins. As far as the Parktronic goes... I am sure that will be an easy fix for the dealer... the Radio issue on the other had sounds like an issue that may take a little while for them to duplicate. As well all know dealers can not fix anything if they can't see it them selfs, and then sometimes they still have no rhyme or reason.

I hope they figure it out for your sake.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72