About these chips.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LandyLight

Hey guys who here has done any research or heard of anything about this item on ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7916922140&category=33597
paste and go or just search for the #7916922140.
she has told me she has sold these to disco owners who loved it and have not thrown any codes???????
What do y'all think :hmpf:
On another note how easy is it to rplace the rotors and calipers on a 95 disco, i have resonably good mechanic skills????? :bandit:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are resistors in fancy package, according to quick search :)

Replacing rotors is dead easy. You just will be way dirty :) Takes a bit of effort to dismantle hubs and taking things off.

Replacing calipers - cant help you with - never did.

Mike - they aint making any for 3.9L petrol to me recollection. And even then its 400 bucks :)

Last edited:
L

LandyLight

Serg,
what do you mean by resistors????????...not sure anyway how these chips work?????...please expound :argh:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as in electrical resistors. Whatever proper english spelling for it is. Device that blocks flow of electricity to some degree :) Sppse its resisters or whatever..

I been interested in those too, but then i did some lovely searches in google and found some threads with discussions and actual people who bought similar products.

This thing is nothing more than wrapped <r> that basically blocks signals that ecu sends to modify mixture of air and fuel.

Tons of similar devices are on ebay.

I mean i havent tried this particular one, but there is no way you can do proper mod like that without reprogramming ECU to adjust values, and also make adaptive chip that will control flow depending on conditions/demands.. Thats why PowerChip (or whatever name is) that getting sold on roverconnection is asking you to send them your ECU for programming..

It works for some applications, but i wouldnt pay any money for kid who did fancy wrapper for part that cost few bucks in your local friendsly radioshak :)

Here is some reading from 2 years ago:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000018;p=

Those folkz keep registering new accounts after getting bunch of negative feedback. Notice that current one registered in february.

Last edited:
S

super_poser

Replacing the caliper on my 1994 was nothing special. If I remember right 2 bolts and one metal tube. Then bleed the brakes. Charles :biggrin:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All chips aren't chips

Landy Light, four years ago i purchased an performance chip thru RPI for my 95 Disco 5-speed 3.9 litre. When i installed the 4.6 the old chip wouldn't feed the larger engine. Chris Crane at RPI took back the chip and gave me credit for a 4.6 chip (he didn't have to do that) plus i paid the difference for the hotter Tornado chip. I've driven other Rovers with different chips and was impressed with RPI's. This is with a distributor engine on the 4.6 where i can tune the centrifugal advance. RPI makes chips for the Gems engine also.
........................................Carl..................................o&o>...............

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tune resistors

Landy Light, in the factory service manual they show different resistors for Rovers with cats (USA), without cats in other parts of the world. There are 4
different states of tune, fuel / air ratio this resistor will change. The resistor is in the main wire harness. You will see very little if any difference, a chip is what you want (need). Carl..................................o&o>...................

W

willtillery

I am running the Power Chip on my 95 D1 and love it so much that I signed up to be a distributor. The real "gains" are in low end speeds and inclines and in stomp situations such as entering I95 every day. The gains were worth the additional funds as far as I am concerned and I have received the same feedback from the customers who have purchased them through me...As far as those ebay modules for 20.00 or so I would be very skeptical.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM