ABS Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

leafangel

I bought a 2002 Disco series 2. When i bought the car it needed some work after a few days of work, i started it up... and went for a test drive... drove perfect brakes were good... after about 20 mins the pedal seized it was just stay pressed... so the breakes got really warm... mustve screwd something up. the abs/tc/ and the sign for the car goin down the hill and the brake lights went on.

Parts i have changed:

Brake booser including the pump.
All Pads and disks.
All ABS sensors.
One modulator.

The lights are still on. Bled the system 3-4 times... Now when i press the pedal the car doesnt stop as good.. vary poor brakeing.. its as if the force is not tranfering to the brakes somehow.
Anyone know what it could be? The light need to dissapear and i need the brakes back so i can drive..
I have read a lot from this site and others.. but nothing is helpin...

L

LisaB

Wow. It seems as if your HDC (Hill Descent Control) is kicking in for some reason. Read the codes, that might tell you more about the origin of the problem. I don't know if it could be a brake fluid incompatibility problem -- I know you can't mix silicone with regular brake fluid, but I don't know what would happen if you mixed DOT 3 and DOT 4. My 00 D2 calls for DOT 4 fluid. There is a sequence to bleeding the brakes, and it is NOT starting with the wheel cylinder farthest from the M/C like on older American cars. Maybe if you bled the system out of sequence that is the cause. I have the Land Rover Workshop Manual, I don't know if the Haynes or Chilton books are good enough for repairs on these technical beasts, never looked at one. If you got a deal on this, and can do your own repairs, it is wise to invest in the manual and a code reader. Even with these you will need the expertise of the members on this list.

L

leafangel

I am not a newbie to cars.. and working on them.. been doing this for the last 7 yrs..
I have the proper way to bleed the brakes. I have some freinds with the proper documentation for all that.
I know aout the dot-3 and dot-4 fluid.. the dot-3 can eat away some of the rubers inside the cylinders and casue the system to leak.. i only put dot-4.
the code reder.. i Have one.. odb2 its not comming up with any codes... weird... i know..
Hill Descent Control where is that. part of the car?
any how... some how it fixed it self.. i was playing around with the wabco ecu for the brakes.. unti.. and the lights started flashing off and on... too it appart. put it back togheter.. cleaned all the electical connectors.. and for a few secs they were off.. but hten thay came on.. i went to the fuse box in the engine compartment and saw that the abs relay was really hot.. and the fuse had just burned..
i took appart the fuse box again and cleaned that too.. wth all the electrical connectors.. i had done that 4 times b4 this ... and after i pluged it all back in it fixed it self.. damn weird car...
I have another probelm.. i will post in another post.. the lights onthe speedometer the ones that tell you the mileage of the car keep flashing anyone know why?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM