ABS problems (SVS switch works)/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dblack1

Reaction score
My wife recently purchased a 99 Disco 2 with a lot of problems, I have solved most of them (overheating/leaking coolant, broken rear sunroof, etc). I did a quick search online and tested the svs switch, it was broken (no continuity at all) because break fluid leaked into it. the connections on the modulator were good though. So i replaced the seals and the switches (now it reads correctly at the connector on the outside of the module). The ABS light (+the other 2) is still on. After this I began testing everything else I could get my hands on. One thing that stood out to me was the voltage to the ABS pump is between 9 and 10 volts... Is this how it is supposed to be? If somebody doesn't know, can they check on their own working ABS? I would buy an ABS Amigo to help me, but that is not in my cards right now. Thank you.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that was the only ABS issue, you must find a good scanner/computer with Rover ABS software to turn the lights off.
Have you even had the 3 Amigo's codes read? I wouldn't throw any parts st it till you do.

dblack1

Reaction score
So what you are saying is the light might be on because of a code stored in history?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, what I am saying is any hard fault code, such as the 3 Amigo's has to be clear with a good scanner to go off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72