AC control knobs getting sticky.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
We will be trying the Boeshield T-9 solution mentioned above and I will re-post on how it worked.
I've got sticky knobs, and some T-9. I'll be interested in hearing the results of your test.

FWIW, in the photography community, among folks who have a problem with the rubber parts of their cameras and lenses becoming sticky, there is some speculation that the cause is the vapors of off-gassing foam in the camera cases that the cameras are stored in.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it affects specific year or VIN numbers. I do not have this issue and I am in Phoenix, AZ (My LR4 is 2013.)
It doesn’t, I have a 2010 and it does the same thing. I live in California so I believe the heat also has an affect on it.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got sticky knobs, and some T-9. I'll be interested in hearing the results of your test.

FWIW, in the photography community, among folks who have a problem with the rubber parts of their cameras and lenses becoming sticky, there is some speculation that the cause is the vapors of off-gassing foam in the camera cases that the cameras are stored in.

My bushnell binoculars weren't stored in a foam case and they are so sticky I can't put them down! I assume it's the same type rubber?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72