Accident when off roading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Land Rover enthusiasts.
Those of us who take our truck off road know how great they are. From my personal experience I also know how safe LR4s and Range Rovers are.
Our 2011 LR4 was totalled when some idiot in Honda Odyssey run the red light sending our LR4 to a junkyard. Fortunately my wife and kids were OK.
At collision center I was told that they did not see many LR4s being totalled after accidents. The frame took an impact and my family was not harmed.
Of course we replaced our 2011 with 2013 lr4. ( this time I got a heavy duty package and I can not imagine not having it on my car).
Recently I went off roading with other land rover fans. The trail was very easy except for one very narrow section.
At some points I had to get out of my car to check the trail to be sure I had enough room in turns. Still nothing you would need a spotter for.
Somehow one driver from our group who was in front of me went of the trail and down the hill.
He rolled over and landed several hundred feet down the hill. I did not see him going down but noticed something looking like a minivan in the middle of the desert where no trail was present.
It took me a while to comprehend what had happened.
I am glad I did not see the accident since I had my kids in the back seat.
Anyway the full size Range Rover did not survive. It had no chance. Miraculously a driver and a passenger escaped without injuries. Just some scratches and bruises. They were very, very lucky.
Since nobody was injured I thought it would be OK to share some pictures and show you how safe land rovers are.

Attachments

• CIMG1374.jpg
    CIMG1374.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 198
  • CIMG1378.jpg
    CIMG1378.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 196
  • CIMG1380.jpg
    CIMG1380.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 199

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressive. Glad to read no one was hurt.
It also shows that one should always be very alert when driving off-road or on-road.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is insane. I feel really safe in my lr4. When I was looking to buy a lr4 I had a friend that said "you know they are not safe cars, they don't have any safety ratings." I just looked at her and rolled my eyes. With all of the technology,wieght, and airbags it's build like a fort.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so crazy and scary! It definitely reiterates how careful you have to be on and off the road - no matter how well you know a trail.

I am so glad the occupants were not hurt badly. Stay safe!!!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That breaks my heart, the occupants of that car seriously used up all of their luck by walking away from it. Where was this?

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks awful. I don't know how the driver's head doesn't get smooshed in.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is insane. I feel really safe in my lr4. When I was looking to buy a lr4 I had a friend that said "you know they are not safe cars, they don't have any safety ratings." I just looked at her and rolled my eyes. With all of the technology,wieght, and airbags it's build like a fort.

LOL at your friend.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That breaks my heart, the occupants of that car seriously used up all of their luck by walking away from it. Where was this?

Near Wickenburg, AZ ( Hassayampa River trail).
I still can not believe nobody was hurt. I would call it a miracle.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call it a miracle.

Miracle is an accurate description. I'm not sure how the driver, at the very least, didn't get seriously injured.

I agree with others that I feel very safe in the LR4. Especially with a baby in the backseat, the piece of mind is nice. Is anyone aware if LR has ever done any kind of crash testing? I'm sure something has been done, but whether or not it has been made public I guess is my question.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99