ACE/PS Reservoir - bubbling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got home today and checked underhood on my Disco just like I do every couple hundred miles and noticed my ACE/PS res. was bubbling. Both were right on the LOW line but no codes/warning lights have come on.

Is that normal? Never seen that on a vehicle before...Im sure it could use some fluid but the bubbling just caught me way off guard. I parked it and drove the Pathfinder for the rest of the day...

? Thanks for any light you can shed...

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coolant warnings for a discovery.. *falls off chair laughing* The car wont give you a hint until you start overheating. I do a coolant check every 1/2 a year just in case I run low. My car had overheating issues in the past which is why im so meticulous about it now. ( Radiator/ and pump, and coolant tubing in multiple places all have broken on me )

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um...not coolant, that was recently flushed/changed.

Im talking about the Power Steering and ACE reservoir that are basically one unit on the right side of the engine compartment. While the truck was running they were bubbling...

??

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam Grant said:
um...not coolant, that was recently flushed/changed.

Im talking about the Power Steering and ACE reservoir that are basically one unit on the right side of the engine compartment. While the truck was running they were bubbling...

??

Wow. I misunderstood you. I never experianced that sort of problem, is this something that you just noticed? Is it harder to steer? Especially while parking/ low speeds? When I do take my Disco for a ride ill make sure to look if the same thing occurs. For all you know this may be normal.

ericksd

Reaction score
I noticed it too on my 99 D2 when I bought it last June.

Just figured it was normal...

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Erick, anyone else confirm this is normal? Im getting ready to take a trip on Sunday and would like to know prior to driving a few hundred miles!!

Thanks...

F

fxinc

My 01 DII SE does the same thing. I've had no problems. I think you notice it more because it's in a translucent container as compared to a metal reservoir on say a GM. But, I would also like to know if this is normal.?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo