Adding lumbar support to 06 LR3 -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, today I picked the LR3 up from the upholstery shop that services our company's truck fleet when needed and that is situated at the nearest Manheim auction site. I turned it over to them to add the powered lumbar support that Land Rover did not include in the 2006 models, but that I can not live without. (I also wanted the head rests sculpted or trimmed back just a little since they pushed my head forward.)

I purchased a 2-way powered lumbar unit made by a leading Tier-One supplier, Schukra, offered to the aftermarket and trades by a sales company in Vancouver. Here is one of that company's URLs: http://www.nwseatcovers.com/lumbar.html . It also offers manual, 4-way power and power massaging lumbar units, plus OEM type seat heater elements (with 3 year warranty) for retrofit applications. Very nice unit that I got for about CAN $80 plus S/H. A metal-ribbed type of lumbar support, not the air bladder type as used in so many Ford products and in LR3 from other years. The only caveat is that the control switch is pretty large, but it fit neatly in the side of the seat bottom trim behind the controls and facing the door after the installer modified the connections to clear the seat motors, etc.. Install requires 1.5 hours of labor, the seller claims, but figure closer to 2. A brave DIY'er could do it, but definitely not me.

The end result is factory perfect, with infinite adjustment within a substantial range and proper support of my sensitive spine for not much cost at all.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, nice post, thanks for the link.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4