Adjusting low beam?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harbinger808

Reaction score
Aloha,
How do you make adjustments to the low beam so it’s light pattern is focused the correct way?...

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Phillips screwdriver. Park the car on level ground aimed at a wall. Open the hood. Find the white adjusting screw on the top of the headlight and turn it.

Its been a while since I've done it, but I want to say the whole internal frame moves when you turn the screw. So you can't move the low beam without moving the high beam as well.

Last edited:

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a view from the back, but you access from the top of the headlight.

s-l1600.jpg

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any specs on what it's supposed to be at? I remember older cars used to have a procedure where you park it on level ground x ft away from a wall, and then measure the beam?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any specs on what it's supposed to be at? I remember older cars used to have a procedure where you park it on level ground x ft away from a wall, and then measure the beam?

That's the same way I'd do it now.

harbinger808

Reaction score
Mahalo for the info! I’ve always thought that my driver side view of the road at night was dimmer than the passenger side. Turned it a few times and now I can “see” better at night with the beam adjusted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM