Advice on purchase of LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jomalo

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum and I'm looking for advice on buying an LR4. :hello:

I was wondering what the average price paid on new and lightly used LR4s on the forum..

Consumer Reports says a good deal on a new HSE LUX with the usual northeastern US options (HSE package, climate control, HK sound etc) is about $52.6K, LUX comes in about $55K. Should I buy at that price?

I'm also looking at 2012's, and I said no thanks to an offer of $45.8K on a blue LR4 HSE with 22500 miles on it (2011 12' model & non-CPO certified). I thought it was priced high?

Does anyone have any confirmed news on the 2014 model?? I'm from Norway and I'm used to having more efficient engine options (the diesel we had on our LR3 was an amazing workhorse). How do people deal with the 14mpg average? From what I read on this forum it seems like people are pretty happy with the current V8?

I'm likely to pull the trigger in september, what are things I should look out for as as a new LR4 owner?

Thanks!!

Jomalo

Reaction score
Nothing?

I went ahead and got an lr4 in the interim. Proud new owner of a used (14K miles) 2012 Nara Bronze with Almond/Nutmeg interior LR4 HSE!

Pictures coming soon.

Cheers

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats. I just don't think anyone knew exactly what to say regarding the price.

Jomalo

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I figured - there's plenty of info out there, just curious to hear what others paid. I ended up around $44K before taxes which I was OK with. Now I'm excited to get it dirtied up.

njexpress

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I figured - there's plenty of info out there, just curious to hear what others paid. I ended up around $44K before taxes which I was OK with. Now I'm excited to get it dirtied up.
:hello:
Congrats on the new purchase! What were th eoptions on it? Can you please provide a breakdown? Also, What state are you from in the northeast?
Cheers!
--njexpress

Jomalo

Reaction score
More details on the purchase

Here she is.

Year: 2012
Make/model: Land Rover LR4 HSE
Engine: V8 5.0 Litre, 375hp
Miles: 14800
Nara Bronze exterior with Almond interior
Climate Control Package (heated front and rear seats)
The usuals: third row seating, heated steering wheel, navigation, back up camera, bluetooth integration, powered front seats, heated windshields. It also came with a full set of rubber mats which I've found quite useful as I'm always dragging dirt into the car.

There's no extended warranty on the car but it still has 3 years remaining on it. I'm absolutely loving this car so far, looking forward to winter!

Msrp: 46895, settled 44 at even.

Attachments

• image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 38

Jomalo

Reaction score
Oh I bought it in NJ, but I live and work in NY (manhattan & LIC)

njexpress

Reaction score
Oh I bought it in NJ, but I live and work in NY (manhattan & LIC)

Congratulations, Jomalo! She is a beaut!! WHere was this? Paramus?

Wishing you many tens of thousands of miles and smiles on and off the road!!
I live in Princeton and I test drove the 2013 and I am totally smitten. Only concern is reliablility for me and other than that, it is neck to neck with the Lexus GX in terms of fluxury appointments...
Cheers!!
--njexpress

Jomalo

Reaction score
Thanks!! Yeah I picked it up at Prestige Land Rover, besides them forgetting to mail my license plates over I have no complaints.

I wanted to stick it out until the 2014 but after a few months of pestering dealers and corporate - I never got a clear answer on a more efficient engine made available to the US consumer.

I know the TDV6 engine is great, I suspect similar option with the SDV6 that will come with the new 2014 LR4/Discovery.

Jomalo

Reaction score
You should read the posts on the v8 - apparently it's very reliable.

I'm still trying to figure out the navigation which I'm not 100% comfortable with yet, and I'm still looking out for some electronic issues with the dashboard lcd. But so far so good (knock on wood). This definitely isn't your dad's Discovery, they are very reliable now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72