After fixing Cruise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I have a 1998.. Maybe it is diff? I also have the 4.0. You have the 3.9 right ?? Here is another picture...
Legal Disclaimer: I AM A BETTER STUDENT THAN MECHANIC

Attachments

• Cnv0121.jpg
    Cnv0121.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 55
L

LandyLight

Hey guys,
I am pulling my hair out on where this thing should go, the large end is plugged into that line you have in the pic. There is a smaller plug maybe 1/4'dia w/ a male and female indide it. My is hanging out on its own not contain in the loom. It also is kinda short so i figure it could not be much more than 10" from the large plug. The inside of the small side looks dirty as though it hasnt been plugged in. Rover runs great, cruise works, i just wanna find where this should go...Power steering res, ps pump, ignition coil,.....these are the things ive thought of???? Thank Guys for all of the brainstorming. :help:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, mine is 3.9, same as Adam's. Could be difference...

I guess i just will have to meditate on it.

Adam - dont pull them hair out yet. Or you will be looking like me :) You probably ripped out something while was dealing with that cruise (i never bothered to even check if mine working .. afraid to see the truth). Look at the PS pump - check there is plug that seems to be vertically insered from the top. Thats where it all seems to be connected on mine. But i will verify it later tonight, when i could crawl under. I will try to shoot photo, if i wouldnt forget..

L

LandyLight

Guys,
I thinki found where it goes, there is the mating plug in the wiring harness along the air box. I have no plug in the top of my ps pump. The wire i plugged it into actually had a tag on it N/A 203 dont know what it means.....I plugged it in let it run for five min. did not throw a code, and seemed to run smooth.
Sideline for Disco mike, i have changed plugs, wires air & oil filter, cap & rotor, the usual tune up stuff...need to chang the o2 sesor yet will be ordering soon.
if you guys find out something else let me know. Thanx a million guys!!!!!!!!!! :hello: :hello:

D

discomike

Adam,
There are some great prices on O2 sensors out there so don't get crazy and pay the big bucks.
Get back to us with what you find, price wise and lets see if we can beat it.
Take care,
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well turned out (after closer inspection in garage) its actually sensor inside some oil pipe - transmission i would think... :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM