After fixing Cruise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Yeah I know Mike.. I am unemployed and BORED!!!! My internship ended and now I am like hmmmm?? What to do now. School starts on Aug 23.. I have some free time. The Rover is well the Rover. Still having a starting problem..Only when I run errands though. You know like when I run into the store for like 5 minutes then run out, it will not start ..After a few times of trying to start it is back to normal.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melissa - there turned out to be another possibility for bad starts - i will post next week, if mine will get cured - according to few mechanics it can be issues with ignition, and research shows that D1's ignitions seems to ***** it quite badly. For now - check ignition coil wires for corrosion :)

D

discomike

There is nothing more dangerous than a bored Rover Chic with time on her hands. So the same old problem with the truck, cranks but won't start? Any codes? How about priming the pump with the yey like we talked about?
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Sergei: Yes I remember hearing about that! You had the same problem as I did. The stalling problem. I have no codes YET! They are PD codes P1185 and P1188 (02 Sensors).. Not strong enough to pull yet or trip the CEL. Mike: Yes If I do what you tell me to, put the Rover in Ignition # 2 after about four times it starts.. :hmmmm2: :hmmmm:

L

LandyLight

Rover chic,
It is the wires that are in your second pic, green & black right in front of ther power steering box. Where does the other small end plug into???? THANXXXXXX

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Adam dude, I am stumped. Are those green and black wires just out there hanging around? See how mine are wrapped up and they are traced back to the left near the headlight. Or are you able to trace them back to the right near the bottle jack ? Give me a few minutes ...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*sighs* i hate you - you made me actually go and check :)

Those are for some weirdo electrical portion of PS pump. There is some sort of sensor (cant tell without checking better and with CD).

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
This is where it plugs into ....

Attachments

• Cnv0119.jpg
    Cnv0119.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 57

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
My finger is pointing to where it wraps all around the Disco.. Serg.. You hate me ?? No wheelin' the RoverChic then.. You just do not know what your missing!! :)

Attachments

• Cnv0120.jpg
    Cnv0120.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 62

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Melissa - is it plugged into oil line or coolan line? Its interesting b/c i am keep tying to track where the heck second coolant temp sensor is... Guess i am looking towards some exploration inside that messy spot in engine compartment.

And on mine, i swear it plugged right on the body of PS.. Its small wire pair with female/male connection..

As of wheeling - are you coming? Its two weeks till end of month :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM