Aftermarket DVD system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an aftermarket DVD player/screens in their LR3 yet? IF yes, any pictures? and where was it mounted?

DVD player not GPS..

B

backpain

Yep. I have the Pioneer NAVSYS620T which includes a great 6.5 inch widescreen monitor that fits perfectly in the "nav hole" that the SE has. It's antiglare and has fantastic color/depth, on the NAV side it's all touch screen and on the watching movies side it's very quality. The DVD deck for the NAV system sits under the 3rd row seats. There is also an Exonix DVD player under the passenger seat for the entertainment system that includes a Power Acoustik 6.5" screen mounted between the sunroof and the rear controls for the passengers. A half din DVD player fits very nicely in the glove box which was really convenient for Mom to change movies but I evidently broke a bout of Japanese when I was telling the audio shop guy how I wanted things setup.

My audio guy moved the DVD player under the drivers seat because he screwed up. But, I've been back and forth with him for weeks on the setup and I can't take it anymore. Now my oldest daughter gets to crawl on the floor to swich movies.

I also had them install a great IR headset system that is wonderful on the nerves. The kids hear the movie and I hear nothing, my IPOD, XM or the CD/Radio. Now I just need to get my girls to understand that you can't sing to the songs with the headphones on no matter how "in the studio" they feel...

I would, if I felt like wrestling with "Corky" at the audio shop more, like to have gone a little bigger on the rear screen however much more that maybe an 8" screen is going to block your rearview too much. Plus, they're kids... my sister and I had melted crayons and sticky seats in the old Hornet... I dare my brats to complain! <evil laugh>

One thing I really dig that the audio guy did was install a 3-way switch on the AUX input. With the headphones on the kids can always hear the movies, but with XM, iPod and the entertainment system selectable all via the AUX switch for the cabin speakers no matter where I drive there is never interference from the FM band that was the source for XM and movies.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have pictures?

How much was your whole system? Installed

I was hoping for 9-10" screen for the rear.

thanks,

Tommy

R

ronprx

http://sunroofsetc.com/multimedia1.htm

Take a look at the above site. They show a 10" screen. I'm concerned about the visibility from the rear view mirror. The stock DVD blocks it quite a bit. I would prefer a DVD in the head rest or back of the seat, or some other unique idea? I believe Rosen makes the LR3 aftermarket dealer install.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like the DVD in the headreast also, but the headreast are so small, you won't be able to fit a decent size screen in them. I see Rosen makes headrest that have built in screens, but wonder if they make it for LR3 yet, I know Audiovox makes the headrest also, but no application for LR3.

I've heard ppl on here speak of Rosen, is Rosen pretty good? Sorry, I'm new to this Mobile DVD stuff, never heard of Rosen.

B

backpain

I'll get some pics today and put them up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ronprx

In the link from my previous post they show an LR3 with a 10 inch screen.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
racingdc9 said:
I would like the DVD in the headreast also, but the headreast are so small, you won't be able to fit a decent size screen in them. I see Rosen makes headrest that have built in screens, but wonder if they make it for LR3 yet, I know Audiovox makes the headrest also, but no application for LR3.

I've heard ppl on here speak of Rosen, is Rosen pretty good? Sorry, I'm new to this Mobile DVD stuff, never heard of Rosen.
I believe that Rosen and Audiovox are actually the same company, just catering to different applications of their products.

B

backpain

Attachments

• DSCN1555.jpg
    DSCN1555.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN1556.jpg
    DSCN1556.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCN1558.jpg
    DSCN1558.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN1559.jpg
    DSCN1559.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 268
W

w6000

Nice pictures, is that the three way switch below the air bag light? who makes that switch? my car audio guy does not know

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635