Aftermarket Warranty $$$$$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you please post a link to the LR3 thread or post the details here? thanks.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Just curious as to the difference between going through Ford or Geico as opposed to just buying the extended warranty through LR prior to the 5/50k running out? I'm about to pick up my new lr4 in a few days so the information would be helpful.

Also, anyone have usaa car insurance and know if hey offer something similar to the Geico plan?

Thanks,

Shawn

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Geico just quoted $205 per year for 7 yr / 100k mechanical breakdown. Thinking I'm going to keep my other cars with usaa and go with them for the LR4.....$1400 for a 7 year warranty is almost to good to be true.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to water on that, but no one has ever written a $1400 policy for 7 years on a Rover, either it is a mis quote or there is little coverage and I would suggest you get a copy of their actual policy before signing up cause something is wrong.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Just confirmed with Geico. It has a $250 deductible and includes everything except wear and tear for 7 years or 100k...whatever comes first. The rate without it was $525.40 and with the mechanical breakdown the rate is 625.90. By my math this comes to $100.50 every 6 months or $201 per year. Because we drive 12-15k miles per year, we'll likely go out the 7 years which is $1,407 total price. Like I said, it's an amazing deal and provided the policy price doesn't change I'm very happy with this. I was gonna wait the 15 months or 15k miles but it just makes sense to do it from the beginning as they coud not confirm the rate would be the same if i called back in a year. Also, just for comparison, USAA quoted me a 6 year / 100K policy for $2815 paid in full.

Very happy and also more at peace now that I know I'm covered for the next 7 years!

Shawn

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to look into the Geico policy, but just to make sure I follow, does their policy cover only mechanical items (i.e., engine, transmission, etc.) and not electrical or anything else not meeting the 'mechanical' definition?

Sgrodz

Reaction score
With the exception of wear and tear (brakes, tires, oil changes) it covers everything . . . .including electrical, software, engine, transmissions, etc. Once I receive the policy, I'll be sure to go through it again to confirm but I specifically asked about all those things and received confirmation. I also made sure there weren't different plans....like gold, silver, platinum just to be sure it was infact all inclusive and not a bait and switch.

Shawn

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something is not right. I am a retired service manager and dealt with different aftermarket warrants for year and there has never been anything that cheap. 8 years ago I bought a 7year 100,000 mile warranty from what was a great company at the time and I paid $3600 for it on my D2.
As I mentioned earlier, get an actual copy of the contract and go show it to the Dealer you plan on using to see what they think of it, nobody is required to honor any of these policys and won't unless they are a solid company.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635