Aftermarket Warranty $$$$$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
I researched the Geico policy based on recommendations from people on this forum that have had good luck. As Geico is the largest car insurer in my state....CT, I think they're a reputable enough company. Like I said, I plan on going through the policy line by line to be sure, but based on everything I've been told so far it's legit. As for the dealer confirming, not sure this would make any difference as they're always gonna try and push a LR policy over after market. That's the exact reason I respect the opinions / experiences of folks on a forum like this . . . .they have nothing to gain or lose by telling you the truth. I will ask the stealerShip folks their opinion and if they have any thoughts just for kicks. I'll report back what they say one I pick the car up next week.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also a member with USAA. They do not offer an extended service warranty through themselves but rather through a third party company which if you look at their reviews gets extremely poor reviews. There have been several investigations both by state and federal jurisdictions/agencies regarding extended service warranties that sound too good to be true and end up with the customer paying out-of-pocket in the end. Keep in mind that most of these companies, if not all of them, which have many complaints are third party warranty agencies. One way of being safe is buying directly from the dealership which is usually more expensive though.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geico is legit...but watch out for that $250 deductible per repair

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635