Air Conditioning/ Heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swilmarth

Reaction score
2001 Disco II ....Air/Heat does not come through the front vents. No Heat in the back. Rear air works. I have changed out the front front fan, under the dash. Checked all fuses. Added R134. I am thinking that it is the fan switch??? Where is the switch. What is the correct name for it? I have a rover that i can pull parts from?? Any help is appreciated!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any air come from the vents, hot or cold?
You have rear a/c and no rear heater.
Your freon has nothing to do with the heater, have you ever service an a/c before, worried that you may have over charged it.
When was the last time you checked your coolant level, when the engine was cold? Fill the coolant bottle all the way to the cap.

swilmarth

Reaction score
No air from any of the front vents, hot or cold. When I drive fast cold air will come through the vents. Not much though. Rear air and no rear heat. Yes. I have never serviced the a/c before. When i added more R134 it had a gauge. I did not over charge it. My coolant level is consistently low because of a coolant leak where a line comes into the top of the engine. Next on my list of things to fix. When i do fill it to the top with coolant, still no air. Thats why i have hopefully narrowed it down to the fan switch!!??

boosdaddy

Reaction score
I had EXACTLY the same problem in my 2000 Discovery. It turnd out to be the fuse panel left side of the steering column. I checked everything, I mean everything before I ended up taking it to the "stealer" They wanted a total of nearly $900 with part and labor. They wanted to charge me $435 for the part alone!!! Do your self a favor and buy one online, just do google search. I paid $90 for mine. Replacement is easy. Approx 6 plugs on back side, all different shapes, so hard to get them mixed up. Took me about 20-30 mins to do. I guess the fuse block melts and shorts at the AC fuse location on that panel. Hope this helps. Let us know the outcome. Good Luck. Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635