Air Conditioning problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swilmarth

Reaction score
I have a 01' Disco II with a air problem. When i turn on the A/C or the heater the panel lights up like it is on. Not a single thing happens. I have checked the fuses under the steering wheel and under the hood. Nothing found. The rear air works fine. The rear heater does not go on though. Any help would be appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What setting do you have the fan set on? 1 - 4?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, you don't have a rear heater, just a/c. Doe the compressor come on and the rear a/c blow cold?
So, you are saying nothing happens whenever you push any of the control buttons on the a/c control panel?

swilmarth

Reaction score
I have tried all the settings 1-4 and all the different functions and nothing. The rear air comes out cold just like it should.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fuse then.... Did you test them?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have separate blower fuses so check the fuse for the front fan first, then check and see if there is another fuse in the engine compartment for the a/c controls. I am thinking it is the control unit that has failed if both fan fuses are good and you haven't burned out the front fan.

swilmarth

Reaction score
I checked the fuses again, they are all fine. I tried the rear air now and the fans go on but the cold air is gone. any suggestions?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If your not getting cold air in the back now... could be the R134a level is low... no fan in the front could be a bad switch... fan normally doesn't go bad.

swilmarth

Reaction score
Where is this fan switch? is this something a half way decent do-it-yourselfer can tackle? I will try the R134a first then attack the fan switch.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay before you start tearing into the fan switch... when you have heat turned on and you press the fan button do you get heat? Does the fan work?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72