Air Suspension Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know where the Air intake for the compressor is located? I have been doing some wheelin in water lately and I noticed my compressor, When running, making a different sound; almost like the air its pulling in is being restricted. I haven't had the time to remove it to investigate further but I am sure that the compressor does not functional well as a water pump. It got me questioning the integrity of it, over time, running while submerged under water. Anyone have info on this?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I do not know where the intake is. There is a breather vent in the front left near the fluid inlets in the engine bay for the front diff, perhaps the compressor intake is in a similar spot? I will however, say that if you wheel in mud, that it flows into the soundproofing enclosure around the compressor and fouls it up. Heat build up is more of a concern that particulate intrusion, but if you wheel in muddy wet conditions frequently, pull the compressor cover off and de-gunk it.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would stop driving it and get it to a shop before you fry the pump.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cover to the compressor has been long gone. Where abouts are the breather tubes that are routed under the hood located?

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed but where is the air intake for the compressor

Actually I thought that was a good question, i don't know either. Where's the air intake??? Is it somewhere down by the actual compressor or is there an intake hose leading to a higher point on the truck?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo