Air Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is any consolation, the updated compressor includes the small lines that go to the dryer, and also the end of the smaller of the two large hoses gets removed.

LTCU

Reaction score
Final comments on my air compressor repair to close out the post. I went to Land Rover to replace the damaged air hose as discussed in my previous post. We had a tough time figuring out which hose it was from the air suspension diagrams. The Land Rover part guy and I finally determined which hose it was but the cost was almost $100 and since we were not 100% positive (part was special order and not returnable), I decided that I would double check the part number that was on the hose before I ordered. The Land Rover part guy also suggested that I try a local salvage yard to see if they would have the part. I contacted the salvage yard and they recommended that I try Fittings Inc in Seattle, WA. I took the damaged hose to the Fittings Inc and they ended up clipping the damaged end and put an inline connection with a small section of 6mm hose. The repair worked perfectly and the cost was less than a dollar and now my air suspension works and the fault has been cleared. The total cost of the repair was $162 and about a day of my time.

An interesting side note, the Land Rover sits about an inch higher in standard mode now after the repair. I am 6’2 and I was hitting my head on the canopy when open. Now that the suspension is repaired, I have about an inch of headroom.

Thanks for all your help and great advice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99