Air suspension on a 00' Disco Series 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsalltrac

Reaction score
I have a 00' SE7 w/SLS and was wondering if it was possible to make the front suspension like the Range Rover w/ air bags? I know I would need bags for the front. Would I need a new compressor, or would I be able to use the one I have already, but just tap into it for the front bags? I am just looking for info now, as I probably wont start doing the measuring of stuff till it warms up for a few days. I appreciate all the info i get. I don't do any offroading with this truck. I don't like the P38 Range Rover body style, but I like the air ride suspension. Thanks in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say yes this should be possible. the p38 and the disco have basically the same parts for the undercarriage. It may require some modifications, but if this is something you really want to do anything is possible....

If they can put Lambo style doors on a Disco (sad to say I have seen this) then you should be able to put front air ride on yours.

djsalltrac

Reaction score
I am wondering if I could just tap into the respected line to the rear bag for air supply to the front ones? Also which bags would I use in the front tho, as the P38 has different mounting than the disco 2 coil springs?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Tapping into the existing lines would work. As long as you want the front and rear to go up and down at the same levels based off of the rear sensors.

As far as the bags go, any way you slice it this will require some modifications to make any bag work on the front of the disco. Remember then have a lot of similarities, but there are a lot of differences as well.

strutmastr

Reaction score
I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. Airbags and compressors are constantly having to be replaced. Also something alot of people don't know is that theses air suspensions are not meant to be in temperatures above 90 Degrees or below 40 Degrees. That is most of the world. The temperature will cause you to replace alot of bags. and typically when your replacing a bag you are going to have to replace the compressor to because the bag had a hole or small crack in it causing the compressor to over work and it will die. I posted the link below so you can take a look

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

I hope I was of some help

Good Luck!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM